[TRLog] TR vs. CT features (a wish)

Subject: [TRLog] TR vs. CT features (a wish)
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:16:42 -0600
Rod said:

>> Of significantly more value to me, for instance, would be arranging the
>> multiplier list (for domestic contests) in columns by call area instead
of in
>> straight alphabetical order.  For me, at least, processing the info that
way
>> is about 10 times more intuitive than searching a straight alphabetical
list
>> of abbreviations.
>
>I solved this a couple of years ago for my operations. Not exactly what
>you're  suggesting, but a good alternative. I modified all of my .DOM files
>so that on  screen the mult list approximates a geographical map. All the
>mults are in their  approximate correct location. I find that easier than
>the columns of 1's, columns  of 2's, etc.

This is what I meant when I said "Boy will I feel stupid if this has
already been addressed."  That may well be the case and Tree is quietly
reading everything and just rolling his eyes.  I'll have to go check that
out.  That could be a very helpful solution.

Thanks Rod.

>if you want a  copy of the modified files, let me know.

I would like to try that - please send them over.  One for SS or NAQP would
be most useful.

Mark, N5OT