[TRLog] Potential TRLog purchaser DVP question

Subject: [TRLog] Potential TRLog purchaser DVP question
From: LRod@pobox.com (LRod@pobox.com)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:20:27 +0100

> I have a K1EA DVP board that I would like to try.  I had all the voice files
> loaded under CT-8 a couple of years ago but had a harddrive crash and
> lost all of them.  I have the instructions for using CT to load these
> alphaneumeric sequences in the form of a small manual that came with
> the DVP.  These instructions seem to be CT specific.  I am going to
> purchase the latest and greatest contest software and need to know if
> the TRLog manual will give me clear instruction on setup of the K1EA
> DVP.

If I understand your question correctly, it's one I asked Tree a few years ago
(also being a K1EA DVP owner). The answer to whether the DVP will work
with TR is yes, insofar as stored messages are concerned.

Will it collate snippets of saved letter files to form a complete callsign or
exchange? No.

After evaluating the experience of CT (non) support and the potential of TR's
capabilities, I made the decision to skip the snippet collating and stick with
the
"do everything else" software. I'm not sorry.

The snippet capability is such a small part of the world of features
(particularly
for a CW op like you) and support of TR that I've never looked back. I've never
upgraded CT; haven't even loaded it for years; became a life subscriber of TR
and don't regret it a bit.

73, Rod K4QG     |  It's pronounced
                          |  "jig-a-byte"
                          |  Look it up.