[TRLog] Re: On/Off Command

Subject: [TRLog] Re: On/Off Command
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:31:39 -0500

> I know that removing this feature was a disappointment to some.
>
> It turned out that there were some tricky things about implementing
> it and it just turned out to be more trouble than it was worth to
> deal with.
>
> I think that taking a couple of minutes to review your off time
> when you take a break isn't that big of a deal.  It forces you
> to remember what breaks you have taken and spend a few seconds
> thinking about planning future breaks.  It would take a lot of
> work to make TR Log as efficient as that piece of paper.

That may be true.

> Remember - this is done during your break - not while you are on
> the air.
>
> I could put the old /ON and /OFF functions back in - but only
> if everyone promises not to complain about their limitations
> or bugs.  That would have to include all future users.

Don't want/need that, Tree.  Just a simple realtime, countdown or countup
timer to indicate time remaining or time consumed so it's an easy mental
calculation or observation to make during the contest.

I'm no math wizard, so it takes me a bit of effort for even a simple
calculation like "lessee...the contest runs 30 hours, I can use 24, I've
taken 2:25, that leaves.............crap...the contest runs 30 hours, I can
use 24. I've taken off 2:25, that leaves...4:35. Cool!"

73,
dale, kg5u