[TRLog] Alt D in SO2R

Subject: [TRLog] Alt D in SO2R
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:19:27 -0700

On Sun, 5 Nov 2000 09:46:46 -0800 George Fremin III - K5TR
<geoiii@loja.kkn.net> writes:

> He said he might have seen alt-d get in some "confused state" but
> it could just be Trey's confused state.

Here's one confused state that I can replicate 100% of the
time.

with:
auto call terminate = true
auto send character count = 4

Let's say I hear KG4BIG on the s&p radio, but just then N6RT answers my
cq on the run radio, and I quickly type N6RT ALT-D KG4BIG.

What happens is, N6RTKG4BIG goes into the callsign window, and actually
gets transmitted! This sequence is usually followed by stunned silence,
as the calling station tries to figure out what the hell is going on.

The workaround is to wait for the cursor to move to the exchange window
before doing the alt-d, but maybe the program could be changed to avoid
having to remember that.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com