[TRLog] SBDVP Setup

Subject: [TRLog] SBDVP Setup
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 05:30:56 -0700
Over the weekend I bought a new AMD K6 PC with Win98.
It has a SB16 sound card, so I thought it would be good to
set up SBDVP to work with TR for this weekend on SSB.

I am starting in Command Prompt mode at boot up, and
the sound card settings are in the Autoexec.bat file.  When
I start SBDVP (it's in a separate directory under \log) it says
it fails at resetting the SB card. It does start and do every
thing but this one item. When I then try to run it with TR,
nothing happens. ie, can't load my memories.

Any suggestions?  How do you normally set up the programs
and directories?  Mine are \log (which has all the usual stuff;
then a separate directory for each contest and again SBDVP
in a separate directory. Seems like just this one failure is
the only problem, but I can't be sure until I get it fixed.

TIA,   Rod
Rod Greene W7ZRC  ><>