[TRLog] CQWW, Email Logs & Cabrillo

Subject: [TRLog] CQWW, Email Logs & Cabrillo
From: n6tw@cqww.com (Larry Weaver)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:55:31 -0800
Cabrillo, email logs, and "What do you really want?" questions abound.

I have put a page on the CQWW website http://www.cqww.com/log_info.htm which
will hopefully answer most of the questions. Following these guidelines will
help immensely in reducing the
time needed to process the logs.

The Cabrillo format has to be adapted to the needs of each contest. The
CQWW Cabrillo format is shown on http://www.cqww.com/cbr_info.htm

The log segment is identical to what is shown on Trey's Cabrillo page
(http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html).

The summary segment has been expanded compared to the Cabrillo spec to
provide information for the various categories and to assist log and results
processing.

Don't be concerned if the Cabrillo log created by your logging program
doesn't exactly match the form on the web page. Eventually we would like it
to.

If the information is in the correct order and columns don't wander all over
the page, it will probably be ok. If not you will receive an email asking
for one of the other text files your program can supply.

I can assure you, based on the SSB messages processed so far, the Cabrillo
logs from the major logging programs are OK. So far about one-third of the
logs are Cabrillo (thank you).

Let me know if I've left out something important or items which are not
clear.

73,

Larry N6TW
CQWW Contest Committee