[TRLog] Radio interface

Subject: [TRLog] Radio interface
From: n7rx@arrl.net (N7RX)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:28:01 +0800

I have to shut-down and restart my system several times to get TR to see the
rig; there seems to be some random system event that needs to occur, or the
serial port interface to my 765 doesn't work. I can also open and close WriteLog
(which uses the same serial port) to make sure the interface is operating
(WriteLog
sees the radio every time, never fail), this also seems to help. Also, TR
occasionally
locks up when launched if the LOGCFG.DAT file has the RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT
= SERIAL 1 command line in place - the logging screen comes up, but the
application
won't accept any keyboard input. Other times, with config file unchanged, it
works fine.

I've tried rebooting in dos mode; same result.

I narrowly avoided having to use WriteLog for NAQP because of this, and I'd
like to figure out what the problem is to avoid this uncertainty in the future.

Its not the radio or control cable; something is clearly happening inside my
ThunkPad.

Any thoughts?

73 Neal N7RX
http://www.nwlink.com