[TRLog] Ten Minute Rule

Subject: [TRLog] Ten Minute Rule
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 07:34:09 -0600
I was looking through the manual to see if I could find a description of the
Band Changes total, but I couldn't find it.  What I did find was another
thing which I didn't like this past weekend.  Being Multi-Two, we had to be
worried about that pesky Ten Minute Rule.

Tree, could TRlog monitor the amount of time since we actually changed bands
instead of "elapsed time since your first QSO on the active band" (per
MANUAL) - NAQP rules clearly state you only need 10 minutes between band
changes, not since your first QSO on the new band.

Even better, if the display would just tell you the time of your *last* QSO
on the old band or the duration since it.

I don't need to tell you there's a big difference sometimes.  It takes a
minute or two to get a QSO on the new band (sometimes) and when that band is
going out it seems like forever burning off the 10 minutes.

Mark, N5OT