[TRLog] IC-765 Radio Control

Subject: [TRLog] IC-765 Radio Control
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:14:22 -0600
I have used the following configuration to control two Icom
IC-765 radios.  These settings have worked very well for me in
dozens of contests over the last few years.  Tree ironed out
most of the Icom bugs some time ago, after considerable effort.
I run the radios at 1200 baud, and use homebrew level converters
which are a clone of the Icom CT-17 (based on the MAX 232 chip.)

My current contest computer is an old 66Mhz 486.  The config
shown below has also been used with a 133MHz 486 without any
problems.  The Icom CI-V interface does lack some of the
features like RIT control and shift-key tune.  It does work
well enough however for the primary functions -- to keep the
logging software synched with the radio on the correct band,
and to enable use of the band map.

Following is the excerpt from my INPUTCFG.DAT file.
Good luck with your setup.  See you on the air this weekend.

-Kirk  K4RO

; ================= Begin Rig Interface Settings =====================

RADIO ONE CONTROL PORT = SERIAL 1
RADIO ONE TYPE = IC765