[TRLog] Handling of "?" at end of call sign

Subject: [TRLog] Handling of "?" at end of call sign
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (KL7RA)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:04:35 -0800

> Here's another small addition to the wish list.  Hope I haven't hit my
> lifetime limit yet!  :-)

Tim, you are about 1000+ behind me, I'm by far the most overasking
customer Tree has. I'm sure he's sorry he sold me version 1.1. Too
late now, too late.

-Lots cut:

> Did anyone actually follow this?

I did, I think, and I solve it by labor intensive actions instead of using
programming.
I have F5 loaded with @? which sends contents of call window then ?.
I then use the paddle to send the fix and [control enter] to log the call
without CW. I have F6 loaded with @ tu de kl7ra which I also use
but again with [control enter] to log the Q without CW.

I think, for me, the biggest advance in using logging software was
to depend on the paddle more and use the program when everything
is correct. At first it seemed right to have the program do all the
sending and I would struggle to correct the call in the call window
or exchange line. Now, more often then not, I just send it by paddle
and fix it during the QRZ.

73 Rich KL7RA