[TRLog] Somewhat off topic HELP Pse

Subject: [TRLog] Somewhat off topic HELP Pse
From: retire@rconnect.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:09:56 -0600
Hi guys,

You all have such great computer knowledge maybe you can help me with this one.

After about 18 mo of solid performance, my PII  machine is giving me a
headache.  It's locking up as soon
as I try to launch a program, especially a graphic one like
Photoshop.  First symptom was when I could
no longer drag and drop files in Windows Explorer.  Now if I try to do
that, it locks up, too.

So...I tried usual trouble shooting things.

Pulled all boards except video card...no joy
Reloaded Widows...no joy
Tonight I managed to get everything backed up to another drive and
REFORMATED the C drive and reinstalled Windows.

Guess what?  Still freezes up, just moving files and/or creating shortcuts.

OK...do I have a motherboard problem or a hard drive problem.  Seems to
lock whether I'm trying to move
files from either my C or D drives.

CD Rom works and loads software, but as soon as I try to do anything in the
graphical interface, BINGO...locks up.

HELP.

Larry, N0XB