[TRLog] Size of text-mode area on laptop screen

Subject: [TRLog] Size of text-mode area on laptop screen
From: k7jb@uswest.net (K7JB John)
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:14:14 -0800
Hi Ted and Scott:

I have several programs that run under DOS and hence no reason to start
up Windows.  If you don't want to start up in DOS, just forget the
following:

You can edit MSDOS.SYS to make it come up in DOS mode.  Its default is
Windows.

MSDOS.SYS most likely will be marked as a system, hidden, read only
file.  So you will need to change its attributes in order to edit it!
First change to the root C: directory cd \

Then enter
attrib -h -r -s msdos.sys

Then use notebook to edit msdos.sys don't mess with the stuff at the
back of this file.  Only find the [options] section and change the
BootGUI to read as follows:

BootGUI=0

BootGUI=1 will start up Windows.
This way it bypasses Windows and starts up in DOS.  Then you can have
DOS full screen and if you decide later you want Windows, just type
windows at the DOS prompt.

GL 73's JB

--
Very Best 73's John K7JB

Amateur Radio Since 1958
Asst. Dir. NW Div ARRL
Collins Collectors Association MEMBER AC99-0989
QCWA LIFE MEMBER
"John R Bookout K7JB" <k7jb@uswest.net>