[TRLog] Pause

Subject: [TRLog] Pause
From: juhan@chem.ut.ee (Juhan Põldvere)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:17:31 +0300
> > If you are running under DOS, add the following
> > line to autoexec.bat to enable write-caching on
>the
> > C drive.
> >
> > loadhigh smartdrv C+

When you are under DOS, you can type

mem /c /p

to see what is running and in what part of memory.
During the last WPX at ES9C I lost nearly an hour trying to figure
out the reason for choppy CW from one computer. Turned out the
culprit was IFSHLP.SYS that was loaded despite clean config.sys
and autoexec.bat. The OS was Windows 98 SE booted to DOS. Don't
know where this got loaded, never seen such before, Windoz or not.
I solved the issue by renaming IFSHLP.SYS.
--
Juhan ES5QX