[TRLog] TR Mailing List Users

From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:55:44 -0500
I see that the owner of this list has no intention of changing to yahoo.
That is his decision and his right. I do not agree but that is up to him.
I do say that all the talk about the difficulty with yahoo though is just
that, talk.
Yes there is no easy contact (they do have a tech support form and they do
answer it) , there is no way to stop spammers ( not on another list either
without manual intervention and you can do that on yahoo groups).
So, it comes down to NIH and NOT HAM , well that is great if the sites
survive but if the traffic gets to heavy they will not survive, especially
if too many competing sites that are HAM come on line.
None of these guys have anything close to the resources of YAHOO. I
congratulate them and in some cases support with my contributions, but I
have little hope for their long term survival, as is being proven by the
desperate calls for support form qsl.net, eham.net and so on.

I belong to 15 yahoo ham radio groups and 10 other groups and have no
problems . They are fast and they are reliable SO FAR at least. :-)