[TRLog] TR Log on HP-200LX Palmtop running Dos 5.0

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log on HP-200LX Palmtop running Dos 5.0
From: k7jb@orhonline.net (John)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 10:27:43 -0700
Hi George, John, Ronald, Paule and TR users:

Thanks for your kind input on my HP-200LX.  First, I want to pass along
the information George requested.  The MEM command returns the
following:

651264 Bytes total conventional memory
651264 Bytes available to MS-DOS
454624 largest executable program size

Appears as if the chkmem command is not on this palmtop!

Ronald and Paule both suggested that the version of TR I am trying to
run won't execute on an 8086 uP.  However, Ronald suggested that an
older version of TR might run on my palmtop and Paule commented that an
older version does run OK on his poqet.  It would be nice if the version
chosen would also offer the most features and be the most current and up
to date version before the transition was made not to support the 8086!

So I would like to see if George can provide me with the most desirable
version.  HP200LX's are getting more difficult to find.  But,
refurbished ones are available even with the 2X speed uP mod.  The
highest failure mode is the plastic hinges on the clam shell and I don't
particularly care for the latest HP offerings in the small sized Palm
Pilot series.  I have 3 of them and use one of business, another for Ham
Radio and a spare.

Thanks to all and I'd be happy to try any version anyone wants me to
download for a test.

George please let me know your conclusions, THANKS.

73's John