[TRLog] CQ WW log submission

Subject: [TRLog] CQ WW log submission
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:52:38 -0700
The robot that we have all been using for the ARRL, sprint and a few
other log submissions is about to be used for the upcoming CQ WW
contests.  I think TR might have one or two minor issues that will
result in error messages from the robot.  These are easy to fix with
a text editor.

In POST - TR will let you indicate your category using a generic
screen.  One of the selections is the mode.  If you use this for the
CQ WW contest, you will likely end up with either CW or SSB being aprt
of your CATEGORY: entry in the cabrillo header.

This will result the robot not recognizing the category as one of the
valid entries.

Here is the wording of the Cabrillo spec:

CATEGORY: operator-category band-category power-category [mode-category]

---
For HF contests the operator-category must be one of the following:
SINGLE-OP, SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED, MULTI-ONE, MULTI-TWO, MULTI-MULTI,
SCHOOL-CLUB (ARRL-SS-CW and ARRL-SS-SSB only), SWL, or CHECKLOG.
For VHF contests the operator-category must be one of the following:
SINGLE-OP, SINGLE-OP-PORTABLE, ROVER, MULTI-LIMITED, MULTI-UNLIMITED
or CHECKLOG.

For HF contests the band-category must be one of the following:
ALL, 160M, 80M, 40M, 20M, 15M or 10M. For VHF contests the
band-category must be one of the following: ALL or LIMITED.

The power-category must be HIGH, LOW or QRP.

The mode-category must be CW, SSB or MIXED and is only relevant for
single operator entries in multi-mode contests that permit single
mode entries such as IARU-HF and the 10 Meter Contest.
---

In addition to not being relevent, the robot will be confused by it.

I believe everything else is okay.  If you see some other problems, pleaes
let me know.

Tree