[TRLog] Troubles in a MS environment during CQWW SSB

Subject: [TRLog] Troubles in a MS environment during CQWW SSB
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (KL7RA)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:38:59 -0900
Yo Paul

I run TRLog in a multi-op environment with none of the
problems mentioned in your post. I have very little to add
to Gary's post except to say he is correct and the main
issue always seems to be running TRLog on windows
machines. Most TRLog quirks are caused by Window
conflicts of some kind.

Another option to flow spots is a program called DX-Telnet.
I have a non-contest windows PC running on the internet
using this program and it flows spots to one contest PC
which sends them to the network.

DX-Telnet has a nice feature where you can log into
many clusters and it will dupe the spots for you before
sending them to the TRLog network via a serial port. It
also receives spots from each position for outgoing flow.
Note, the serial port is not turned on in the free version.

If you are getting serious about multi-op contesting, which
is a lot of fun, then my suggestion is to buy several  "cheap"
P90 (or better) machines. I bought six from one dealer for
$20 bucks USD each. Strip them of Mr gates, worth the $20
bucks right there, and install DOS 6.22, smartdrv on. With
the correct file sizes, you are good to go.

Downside is no soundboards run with DOS.  Each PC will
require the W9XT voice keyer board or outboard voice keyer.
One PC will also need three serial ports for the network, radio,
and packet spots input, the rest only two. The parallel port runs
everything else.

73 Rich KL7RA