[TRLog] Troubles in a MS environment during CQWW SSB

Subject: [TRLog] Troubles in a MS environment during CQWW SSB
From: paule@sfu.ca (Paul Erickson)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:22:28 -0800
This last weekend I had the challenge of introducing TRlog
in a MS effort to a group of staunch CT users... three of which
have been WRTC contestants... I wish I could say that things went
well. While some of the difficulties were due to hardware problems,
I am really hoping that all the issues are solvable, as we will
try it again for WWCW, but I am really behind the eight ball on this
one.

1. Computer losing time. Someone else mentioned losing a few seconds
per hour, but we had one of ours losing about 5 minutes per hour...
This ended up playing havoc with the logs... the two were different
by over 100q's. The computer in question is a pentium I running Win 95,
but running the program in dos mode.

2. Also, the q numbers were all out of whack. I realize
that in the end the numbers don't matter, except when one is trying to
keep track of what happened during the contest by looking at the log...
It would really help if the q # could be assigned just when the q is
logged, rather than the way it currently is...

3. There was also a significant delay in the call window being cleared
after the enter key is pressed to log the q, this is really annoying
when the rates are up around 200/min.

4. Apparently in cw, if the start sending now key is pressed, and
one backspaces to correct the end of the call before it is sent, the
program sends the call as originally typed, not as corrected...
while this is not a big issue for me, and my sending style, it is
a really big issue for them, and I don't need any more reasons for
them not to like the program...

Thanks in advance for the help.
--
cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@sfu.ca

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad..."