[TRLog] 6.71b time

Subject: [TRLog] 6.71b time
From: k9mi@arrl.net (Mike Brown)
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 19:45:06 -0500
I see this time and time again on the CT and=0D
TR reflector. The Writelog reflector even has=0D
these discussions. =0D
=0D
IMHO, the only safe way to run TRLog and CT=0D
for Dos, are in Dos only machines, or Win 95=0D
or 98 where you can "reboot to Dos". =0D
=0D
NT, Win 2k and now XP were not made to run=0D
Dos programs. At least I have never seen them=0D
run well. =0D
=0D
I know some people are able to run CT or TR in=0D
Windows 95 or 98 and do fine. I have never seen=0D
that ever, as what I have noticed, is the clock in=0D
the program falls way behind the PC clock.=0D
=0D
Low end Pentiums (I have a P120 and P133) are=0D
extremely cheap now, and make great Dos machines.=0D
Then, I think your problems will be history. =0D
=0D
I have heard of some who use "Dos boot disk" and=0D
that works for them. YMMV, but I'll stick with my=0D
old clunkers for Dos programs.=0D
=0D
My only problem this weekend was the operator. But=0D
that's another story. The PC, radio, and antennas =0D
all worked fine.=0D
=0D
73 - Mike K9MI =0D
=0D