[TRLog] 6.71B -AND- SO2R WishList

Subject: [TRLog] 6.71B -AND- SO2R WishList
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 09:34:43 +0000
On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:03:46 +0000 Howard Hoyt N4AF <n4af@contesting.com>
writes:

> Well, this year my SS stupidity trick was INITIAL EXCHANGE CURSOR
> POS.
> It was set to the END of the initial exchange (Check Section).
> This allowed TR to log the Qso# as check and check as QSO# for the
> first
> 100 Q's-duh.

You must have had something else going on, because I use that setup
all the time and it works fine. In fact, I recommended that
setup here on the reflector just a day or two before the contest.
Just type in the number and prec without a space. Then hit the
spacebar, and be ready to type a new check and/or section if required.
You have to hit the spacebar, because if a new section is required,
the program cannot parse something like: 59AZ 345BLAX,
but it handles 59AZ 345B LAX just fine.

> < Could'nt care a flip about the bandmap on the RUN rig. >
> *** Need to SEE the bandmap on the S&P rig.***
> When TWO RADIO MODE=TRUE display bandmap off the S&P rig  (prefered)
> -or-
> keep things as they presently are, -but- switch the bandmap on
> CTL-D.

I think you mean ALT-D. The bandmap DOES switch on ALT-D, but switches
itself back to the run radio now and then. I'm not sure, but I think
when you make a
QSO on the second radio, the bandmap switches back to the run radio,
and you have to do another ALT-D, even without entering a callsign.
I agree that it should stay with the S&P radio.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ