[TRLog] Beta Performance

Subject: [TRLog] Beta Performance
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:16:14 -0500
At 12:34 PM 12/4/02 -0500, Scott Redd wrote:
>Ron,
>
>Just back from Aruba and wanted to let you know the Beta (6.71XXX) you
>supplied worked flawlessly, including the exchange radios function.  Had
>some other minor problems but looks like #2 WW in SOAB HP.
>
>I will comment that after 3 contests using TR from P40 in last year, I find
>myself "fighting" the program as I get tired the second day. . .
>specifically, a fat fingered stroke which inadvertantly puts me in "S&P
>mode" can be maddeningly difficult to get out of when the brain is slow. . .
>don't realize something is wrong until you look down and see. . . never use
>S&P as DX.

Inadvertent program (not radio) mode changes (usually to S&P) also remain
my biggest problem. How hard would it be to add a Ctl-J option to lock
oneself in the current program mode?  Any odd S&P QSOs would be easy enough
to log using Ctl-enter and paddle CW.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower