[TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT

Subject: [TRLog] INPUT CONFIG FILE vs STDCFG.DAT
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer, N2MG)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:16:36 -0500
> 1. Once you have your CW messages figured out, why would you want to
> edit them?

I've learned over the years to never ask, "But why would you want to do
that?"
I don't know about you, but while I'm learning a program, or a contest, I
need to tweak my messages.

> 2. When you make a CTRL-J change you are offered the option of saving it
> in your logcfg.dat.  If you do, the change will be written to the end of
> the file, i.e. after your INPUT CONFIG FILE = statement.  Next time you
> restart TR it does everything that logcfg.dat says to do.  Because your
> CTRL-J change is read after the .icf has been loaded it overwrites
> whatever value was there before.  So, provided you save your CTRL-J
> changes they will take effect the next time you start TR.

This is contrary to what the manual says.

"Note, however, that the process uses to manage the INPUT CONFIG FILE can be
a bit
confusing. The INPUT CONFIG FILE is read after the ordinary configuration
file; i.e., the
INPUT CONFIG FILE command does not operate like a standard programming
"include"
statement that inserts the contents of the file at that point in the
standard configuration."

73 Mike N2MG