[TRLog] Serial card question

Subject: [TRLog] Serial card question
From: w2cs@bellsouth.net (Gary Ferdinand W2CS)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:03:18 -0500
I went to this used-pcs web site and discovered I could buy a new Dell for
less money than he was charging for a used computer configured half as well!
There's a crossover point at which looking for a great deal on new equipment
turns out cheaper than buying old goods.

www.slickdeals.com very frequently posts deals Dell has.  Over the past few
days I saw one deal where you could get a Pentium 1.8GHz, 128MB, 40GB HDD
with sound, network and video (nothing to rave about, but it would work), no
monitor,  NEW for about $319, SHIPPED.   Dell seems to run deals that last
for a couple of days, and they run them frequently.

I have no relationship with slickdeals or Dell.  Just providing an
alternative viewpoint.  Sometimes you don't have to raid the neighbor's
garbage!  It all depends what you need...

73,

Gary W2CS
Apex, NC