[TRLog] One issue

Subject: [TRLog] One issue
From: bevans@hal-pc.org (Bob Evans)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:17:21 -0600
Had a personal best in NAQP: 915Qs X 260M and I even missed the first hour!
I can't ever remember when NAQP starts; noon or 1PM CST...I don't seem to
look at a Zulu clock until its too late.  Hmmmm, planning might help...

Anyway, I found a glitch that may be a bug because I've never seen this
before and EVERYTHING else ran great.  I'm using a pair of dreaded IC-765s
and the freq readout/rig control was flawless, but the log itself would not
switch to the right band UNTIL I hit my "SWAPRADIOS" button twice rather
than just once (I don't use Alt-R since I programmed F9 to be SWAPRADIOS).
For example; when I switched to the second rig, the freq readout showed the
new/correct freq, but the log itself stayed on the old band, therefore, my
first 15M Qs got logged on 10M until I noticed the problem.  It worked fine
for Alt-D contacts however, so I'm assuming that in all the revamp for
better rig control (which is just fantastic by the way), a small piece of
the puzzle got let behind.  After learning I needed to hit "SWAPRADIOS"
twice to make a change, I didn't worry about it any more.  I had bigger
problems during the contest and had to climb the tower in the rain to fix my
lower quad's 20M loop.  I also discovered my lower antenna was not rotating.
Even with all these other distractions, TRlog does wonders for my limited
operating abilities and little pistol station.

Keep up the good work!

Bob K5WA