[TRLog] RE: [CQ-Contest] TR in HA-DX

Subject: [TRLog] RE: [CQ-Contest] TR in HA-DX
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR2BrettGraham)
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:28:00 +0000
ZF2NT & I2WIJ noted that HA-DX is somewhat broken.

Here's how I bodged it somewhat into submission.  Critical bits for logcfg.dat:

CONTEST = HA DX
qso point method = cq ww
qso points domestic cw = 6
qso points domestic phone = 6

Also, hungary.dom needs correcting.  Replace the line:

Ha = HA

With:

Hb = HB

Two things will not work right this way:

1. You will need to type an RST into the exchange window for HAs who send a
domestic multiplier in the exchange instead of a number in order to log the QSO

2. For HAs who send a number instead of a domestic multiplier in the exchange,
the QSO POINTS DOMESTIC CW & PHONE do not take effect

HA DX has been broken for quite a while, I believe.  This was the first
year I tried to
do something about it - of course, on the fly.  There may be a better EXCHANGE
RECEIVED to use, but I'd rather operate.

One for Ron to look at - COUNTRY INFORMATION FILE may have changed for
the worse (like not relinquishing the SCP window when tuning across a
station in
the bandmap of entity type not in COUNTRY INFORMATION FILE).  I don't recall
it being so annoying for IOTA... though the file in that case has info for
far more
entities in it than the one for HA DX.

73, VR2BrettGraham