[Trlog] TR v 6.72 and TS940s

Subject: [Trlog] TR v 6.72 and TS940s
From: paule at sfu.ca (paule@sfu.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 17 12:48:16 2003
Last weekend had my first chance to try out version 6.72.

First the good news. Some will remember my reporting clock issues.
I had a chance to narrow it down. It seems that if a radio is specified
for a port, but either not on, or not connected, the clock display is
irratic. If the rig is connected and on the display is normal.

Now the bad news. For some reason, with 6.72 when tuning in a signal
with a ts940 (same problem with three of them) the audio changes in about
10hz steps rather than a smooth transition. The problem goes away
when 6.69 or 6.68 is reinstalled. I suspect the higher polling rate
on the serial port has something to do with it.

One other thing, when tuning the radio, the bandmap display flickers...

Any thoughts???

Other than the above, everything seemed to work fine.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT ex VE7CQK - email: paule@sfu.ca
"Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad."