[Trlog] Exchange not being sent.

Subject: [Trlog] Exchange not being sent.
From: k4ro at k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun Feb 23 13:50:58 2003
I too was confused by CW messages in the beginning.
For me, the problem was getting used to the grouping
of exchange info into three different places:  CQ Messages,
Exchange Messages, and Other.

I thought "Other" meant stuff I might not normally
use.  Yet this is where some of the most important
messages (CQ and S&P Exchange for example) are located.

I also expected "CQ mode" messages to all be listed
on the "CQ Messages" screen.  Instead, they are grouped
by whether you are in "exchange" mode (as opposed to
CQ or S&P mode) which just further confuses me, even
now that I know how it's done.

I'm not sure what the answer is.  Perhaps if there was
a way to have all of the messages clearly programmable
in one place?  And/or a way to make the most important
"default" fields (CQ, Exchange, TU) be clearly marked?

I now copy config files that I spent lots of time working
out in the past, so it's much easier for me today. I can
understand the confusion and frustration though.

-Kirk  K4RO       ( who will gladly use TR for the forseeable...)