[Trlog] Serial Port Network is Asymmetric?!

Subject: [Trlog] Serial Port Network is Asymmetric?!
From: kg5u at hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Mon Jun 30 18:22:42 2003

> Screen savers are a waste of resources, and easily done away with. Not
> as easy as it sounds on the power save, standby, ect since they are
> usually a function of the BIOS.

hmmm...my two PC's and my laptop both have configurable power
saves/standbys/HD timers.  I'm using Windows 98se.  I can create a 'power
scheme' and set everything to NEVER -- no system standby, no power down of
HD, no power down of monitor.

What version of Win doesn't allow you to make those settings?

Do those settings go out the window if you have set them, the restarted and
booted directly to DOS?

73,
dale, kg5u