[Trlog] More wish list -- manual

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] More wish list -- manual
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 04:19:51 -0500
In case Doc follows this reflector...

We're at the point where it seems to me that the manual needs a table listing Function keys that are dedicated to a particular program purpose -- an example would be Alt-F3 which sets the text sent on the run radio immediately after completing an S&P QSO on the other one, or F7 and F8 in SS which send CQs (or other messages) on the inactive radio.

It would also be good to have the table of text commands that can be programmed into a Function key either moved to or repeated in the back of the manual.

During a contest, if something happens that you don't understand or you want to add a command or CW message, it's awfully easy to screw up the dedicated messages or spend precious minutes hunting for the table of function key text commands.

After 8 years with TR I'm still finding significant things I never knew it could do. Making these things more readily findable in the manual would help.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm