Re: [Trlog] TRlog/Linux notes

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRlog/Linux notes
From: Kevin Schmidt <w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:05:38 -0700 (MST)
> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:26:02 -0500
> From: Philip Balister <balister@vt.edu>
> To: "R. Torsten Clay" <tclay@netdoor.com>
> Subject: Re: [Trlog] TRlog/Linux notes
>
> Any guesses at the odds of getting SBDVP working under dosemu?
>
> I hope I can get this going, if so I'd like to get rufz going also. I
> may finally have an arrangement where I can try and improve my CW skills!
>
> Philip

When I last tried this (dosemu.1.0.2.1) I was able to get sbdvp to play
but not record, since dosemu did not support recording.  At that time I
needed to apply the sound patch at
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~mkarcher/ to dosemu.1.0.2.1. It is
possible that these changes have made it into the current version of
dosemu and the patch is no longer necessary.  I do not know if
recording is supported yet, but you could record using other utilities
and use sox, which is usually included in most linux distributions, to
convert to the sbdvp format.

73 Kevin w9cf