[Trlog] Add-on serial ports

To: <trlog@contesting.com.>
Subject: [Trlog] Add-on serial ports
From: "Gennett, Timothy" <tgennett@purdue.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:18:21 -0500
I have been trying to get an add-on PCI serial card to work under DOS.

The card is a SIIG CyberSerial Dual port card.

DOS recognizes the card, and I can use the card under DOS (or a DOS Window) to
key the rig for CW.  But, it will not control the rig (read frequency, etc.)
Works FB under Windows 98 with other logging software.

Is there something obvious I am missing?

There was a recent thread here concerning the SBDVP program, and a comment that
SBDVP and TR would not work with a PCI sound card.  Had to be ICA.  Could there
be a similar issue with a PCI serial card?  Can anyone recommend a PCI serial
card that is known to work?

73 de Tim, K9WX