[Trlog] No msg launch during WW code

To: "TRLog" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] No msg launch during WW code
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:18:15 -0900
Found occasionally when calling CQ and hitting the [enter] key the
rpt didn't get sent. Not enough times to worry about but later when
I was working Ja's at my standard rate of one every three minutes
I could spend time to catch the error. The freq would disappear then
blink back on again. I would see the mode flash to SSB (or not) and
back to CW. This would explain the message not being sent as the
DVK was not on.

I remembered Mike's,W9RE, post about the Icom response timeout
with mode problems so I moved it from 100 to 500 and that stopped
the problem.

This was version 6.74. I believe Tree has fixed it in a later version
with the "Fliter radio message length" so it's probably a non-issue
but for those of us that stay back a few releases this error might catch
you as it did me.

Other then the above which required the default to be changed, 6.74
worked perfect.

Rich KL7RA