Re: [Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Runaway WPM Speed With Auto-CQ
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:07:25 -0800
I have found the same problem, even with the same number of ^F and ^S so I have given up trying to change the speed of parts of the message.

If any of you are able to use this speed change technique successfully, how about posting the contents of the message memory so I can see if it works for me.

One thing I would really like to be able to do is have a message which sends CQ at my normal speed but sends my call slower for when cndx are difficult or I want to attract callers who (as I used to) have difficulty with typical contest speeds.

I think there's more to this than balancing ^F and ^S

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:

You need to balance each ^F with a ^S, so that they cancel each other out before the message is repeated.

-Kirk K4RO