[Trlog] SBDVP question

To: TR Log Reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] SBDVP question
From: Charlie Ocker <N9CO@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:07:12 -0600
I'm trying to get TR and SBDVP up and running. Built and tested the N4ZR "Simplest Sound Card Interface" (tnx, Pete!) and it seems to work FB. My question is:

Does using SBDVP with the PTT option (-p1 in my case) preclude full duplex operation?

I'm getting inconsistent behavior in my test setup. I have a SoundBlaster compatable sound card (ASound PCI Express AA-1815). I have the BIOS setup for "plug and play", as this system is a dual boot Linux/DOS. The sound card appears to configure correctly upon boot judging by the messages it sends out.

My test setup is using a footswitch for PTT via the mic jack, and TR controlled PTT via back panel (PTT in parallel). PTT works fine in CW, but *sometimes* it works in SSB when playing back DVP messages, and *sometimes* it doesn't. Also, after loading DVP messages in TR, exiting TR, then unloading SBDVP via -u option; I see the DVP messages written to disk, but when starting TR again (first doing SBDVP -p1), I cannot play the previously recorded DVP messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks es 73,
Charlie  N9CO