[Trlog] RE: Sprint mode question

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: [Trlog] RE: Sprint mode question
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:33:55 -0700
Ken, K6MR inquired:

> I do find just using the F keys directly to do the exchanges does not
> switch modes until I hit the final enter.  Is that the best way to run
> this type of  Sprint?
>
> tnx for any enlightenment.

I'm sure glad you posted this, Ken, and hope LOTS of "enlightenment" is forthcoming.

My on-air resolution in the NS sessions has been to grab the paddles, but maybe others besides myself would be interested in what you did with the Alt or F keys as a workaround 'cuz I think simple keystrokes would be less QLF at times than the paddles :-)

Also, is there a way to just send ONLY the Callsign window contents via keystroke(s) in the case of a "partial" call AND automatically have "?" added? For example, "W4?" ... for ANY type of contest (where you don't want to send a full exchange yet)? I know corrected callsigns can be handled in the exchange window, but this would be very helpful where you might have TWO "W4" stations calling at the same time & don't want to enter into TWO potential QSO exchances until you at least get more of a callsign to work with.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA