Re: [Trlog] Will Multi Mode Work in Windows?

To: <k9cc@comcast.net>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Will Multi Mode Work in Windows?
From: "RGrace-WA6OWM" <rgrace1@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:26:08 -0700
As Tree expressed, Win-XP does strange things. Keep the old W95/98 machines
around for TR-Log. This past Field Day we had 4-laptops (with one Serial and
Parallel port) running W2K, we did have a problem with the internal clock
changing from time back to 0 hours 0 minutes during operation. It happened
on all 4 laptops. So some of the log times had to be corrected in the
post-FD log review. The other problem we had was W2K did not allow TR-Log to
use the LPT: port for CW, again like Tree said. I tried using There was only
one CW station, and we switched out with W98se laptop. Remember to check the
Serial ports (TR PORT and W-XP SystemProperties-Device Manager-Ports(COM &
LPT)), should Serial 5 or 6 show up, my second Serial is an USB port and no
address... I hope it will provide you an address for the command 'Serial
5(6) Port Address = '.
Good luck
Ray - WA6OWM
wa6owm@arrl.net