[Trlog] laptop setup

To: "TR-log reflector" <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Trlog] laptop setup
From: "Dick Frey" <k4xu@bendcable.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 19:24:35 -0800
I got a cheap used laptop to replace the Dell that fried while I was mobile
during the last Oregon QSO Party. It's a TI running W98 SE with 32M RAM.
In CWSS this weekend I noticed the occasional "hanging" of the CQ messages
giving an occasional long dash, never in the same place twice. I assume the
machine was trying to do two things at once and the CW got second choice on
resources. Other than that it ran flawlessly in SO2R with a pair of Omni 6+,
one not controlled.
What is the current wisdom on optimum config and autoexec loads?
Dick Frey    k4xu