FW: Re: [Trlog] Re: [PVRC] TR-Log on fast computer.

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: FW: Re: [Trlog] Re: [PVRC] TR-Log on fast computer.
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:37:03 +0000
Hi Martin and all:

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but TPPATCH is reported to fix the
problem with Turbo Pascal programs.  TPPATCH can be downloaded from

http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/20010716/00index.htm

>From the readme file:

---------------------

TPPATCH does fix a bug appearing in all programs that have
been written using Turbo Pascal when such a program is run on a
Pentium Pro 200MHz or a faster computer.

This bug causes a runtime error 200 when the startup code of
Delay() is executed. The bug appears when a DIV instruction is
executed and the result does not fit into the destination
register.

With this bugfix you can patch all files that have been compiled with
Turbo Pascal, for example Crosspoint. This procedure does also
work with applications compiled for the protected mode.

This should allow TR-Log to work with MS-DOS 6.22.  If you get a
chance to try it before I do, please let me know if it fixes the
problem!  I think this is why I couldn't get TR-Log running under
FreeDOS also.  That's on my list of things to check too.

73,

Mark