Re: [Trlog] 4-port PCMCIA card saga

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] 4-port PCMCIA card saga
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:28:41 -0800
> If so, This could definitely be my problem.  Where can I go to get such a
> DOS?  Surely it's plentiful and free?
>
> Mark, N5OT

There are free versions of DOS, but again on eBay you can pick up the real
thing (genuine MS-DOS from Microsoft) cheap and have a valid license.
Others can comment on their experiences with other versions of DOS, but from
what I hear, they work OK with TR-Log.  But for $10-20 for MS-DOS 6.22 on
eBay, why think about it?  Of course, many people run TR-Log successfully
with the DOS in an older version of Windows, like 98.

But, your original question about PCMCIA Serial cards is well answered by
the Socket Communications cards in all of these OS variations.

73,
Ed - W0YK