Re: [Trlog] No more support for Windows 98

To: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>, trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] No more support for Windows 98
From: w6ah@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 04:05:42 +0000
John

Microsoft's new OS named VISTA is in the final stages of Beta test and is
scheduled to be released this summer. If all goes well distribution of XP will
cease before Labor Day. Word among computer types is Microsoft will continue to
support XP for 4 to 5 years. VISTA will require the user to have at least 1.0
Ghz of processor speed as well as requiring the use of special PCI-2 video
cards.

There are no plans at this time to upgrade Windows Server 2003 at this time.

Bob W6AH
From: John Unger <w4au@verizon.net>