Re: [Trlog] TR in a DOS box

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR in a DOS box
From: "Mark Shaum" <k9tr@dtnspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:31:30 -0600
> I'd appreciate hearing the experiences of those of you running this way,
> as
> well as any "watchouts" you might have encountered.
>
> Thanks and 73
> Bob N6WG

I ran TR in a DOS window within Win98SE across several versions years back.
It was very functional, although CW keying would slow or lag a bit when
Windows was busy with some other task.  For CW contests, I would boot to DOS
mode, for SSB contests I'd run TR in a window for vanilla logging.

I now have essentially the same configuration now on a different PC.  TR
doesn't like running in a DOS box anymore, so I have to boot to DOS to use
it.  What I didn't check is the config/autoexec files which (as I recall)
can affect the environment Win98SE presents to DOS windows.  This might
require some tweaking, perhaps to get the COM port defaults set up to TR can
see them.

I spent a good weekend attempting to get TR to work with Win2000 a few years
back but the virtualization of device drivers made it a no-go (same with
XP).

73! - Mark K9TR