Re: [Trlog] TR in a DOS box

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR in a DOS box
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:55:29 -0500

TR works great in a window on Win98 series.  (Won't work well with
NT/WIN2000/Win XP because they refuse to give up control of the I/O).

I have used TR in a  Win98 window for years (almost 95% CW) without any
problems.  There are several tweaks you must do to the OS in order to make
it work properly without any lapses while Windows is trying to do something
else. You must make the TR windows the priority program and relegate any
other win function to secondary status.  I don't have all the tweaks at hand
just now, but I'll look them up this weekend and post them.  I just flew in
on the red eye from my home in Breckenridge, CO  where I couldn't operate
the WPX for all the tons of snow that kept me from putting up my antennas.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"