Re: [Trlog] VSEMUIO BYTERUNNER AND DOS

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] VSEMUIO BYTERUNNER AND DOS
From: kd4d@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 12:57:52 +0000
Hi Michael:

I've been successfully using the Byterunner PCI-200L cards
for years with TR.  Note that I copied the VSEMUIO files into
a directory called c:\VSEMUIO.

My autoexec.bat:  The "magic" is invoking vsemuio with the proper configuration
file.

set path=c:\dos;\ct10;c:;c:\ctutil
lpt1init
ctmouse
smartdrv a+ c
C:\VSEMUIO\VSEMUIO C:\VSEMUIO\VSEMUIO.CFG
rem 3c90xpd
rem nettsr 192.168.1.2

C:\VSEMUIO\VSEMUIO.CFG:

S,DCC8,03E8,5,8,3
S,DCB8,02E8,9,8,5

The "magic numbers" DCC8 and DCB8 come from the VSSHOW program.

The hardest thing about this is figuring out which IRQ's are available to use
for
the cards.  (The VIRQ field.).  I use a program called MSD to show me which
IRQ's
are in use.  The new version of TR apparently supports IRQ sharing, so you may
be able to use the same IRQ's that are used for COM1 and COM2.  These would
be IRQ4 for COM3 and IRQ3 for COM4.  Those are "safe" to use, since these are
the IRQ's used for COM1 and COM2 but may not work with other programs.

I don't remember why I didn't use COM4 - probably there is a modem
assigned to that port on my computer.

Note that the above example uses IRQ's 5 and 9 which were available on my
computers and allow use with both TR and CT.

Does this help at all?  If you need more assistance, I'll try to help.  The IRQ
assignments from the "MSD" program may help here.

73,

Mark, KD4D

From: WG0M@aol.com