Re: [Trlog] Dueling CQs

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Dueling CQs
From: "Robert Brandon" <rb@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:18:47 -0600
Do you mean dueling CQs or auto CQ?  Dueling CQ is an SO2R function that
sends alternating CQs on the two radios.  Auto CQ is a one radio function
that just repeats a CQ automatically after a pause.

I use Ctrl-Hypen to launch dueling CQs and it seems fine.  (I used 6.92 last
weekend.)  You can adjust the speed while it's running.

Alt-Q configures auto CQ (which message, delay time), and Alt-C toggles it
on and off.  I'm not sure how those commands might interact with the dueling
CQ function.

With auto CQ running, I don't believe there's any way to change the speed.
Page-Up and Page-Down adjust the time delay before the next CQ.  If you want
to change the speed, hit ESC to cancel auto CQ, change the speed, then hit
Alt-C to restart auto CQ.

Robert K5PI