Re: [Trlog] TR and the MN QSO Party

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR and the MN QSO Party
From: Paul Kirley <pkirley@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 14:17:16 -0500
W9RE sed:
>  I used the latest minncty.dom file and the latest version of TR but I found
the program only recognized some of the county entries.  What I had to do
was manually type in the county (for the exchange and for a new mult) on
about half of the q's after I had logged the q.  This is even if I typed in
a standard abbreviation or even spelled out the county in the exchange
window.

>  Anyone else have this problem?

MN QP rules require mobiles to identify as Call/County, e.g., as K0BUD/HEN.
But if you type K0BUD/HEN into TRLog's call window, TRLog will treat /HEN as a
DX country prefix, and will log the QSO without a county no matter what else
you type in.

The workaround that I use (for all state QPs) is to put only the base call
K0BUD into the call window, log the QSO, and then add "/County" to the base
call on the bottom line of the editable log.  This takes a bit of time, but
most state QSO parties are fairly slow.

Dunno what's in your MN county .dom file, but if it has the 3-letter
abbreviations, it should be OK.  Of course, it's a text file that can be
examined directly for defects.

73, Paul W8TM