Re: [Trlog] Winkey with TR4W

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Winkey with TR4W
From: "John Dvoracek" <john.ke5c@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 12:50:04 -0600

> I have tried it (most recently during CQ160). There are some issues.
Periodically/randomly (every 5-30 qso's) it would freak out and send random
cw. The same hardware setup works fine with N1MM so it is not a RFI/hardware
problem. I am using a Winkey 2 on a plain serial port, Win XP Pro SP3

I used a microHAM USB CW Keyer with a WinKey chip SO1R on a Vista Home
Premium during ARRL DX and didn't notice any random keying.  I thought
compared to TR DOS there might be a slight delay between pressing any key
and having the CW start, however, this was my first contest in probably over
a year, so maybe I was just slow to press the keys.  :)

> There is also a limitation if you do SO2R: there is currently (at least as
of the version available ~ CQ160) no way to program a cw message to send on
the inactive radio.

Ouch!

What issues did you experience, Steve?

73 -- John