Re: [Trlog] TR4W Questions

To: "William Liporace - WC2L" <wc2l@wc2l.com>, <Trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] TR4W Questions
From: "Michael Brown" <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:50:37 -0000
The TR4W program is pretty simple to setup from what I have seen Will. I
downloaded it Monday and did a "fake" Arrl 160 contest with it, and my
station is pretty simple. I used the lpt cw keying and rig control for the
TS 850. I didn't see anything in Russian. I really didn't even look at the
help file, but I would imagine it's in English also, but that's just a
guess. In my fake 160 contest, everything worked fine and I logged about 10
contacts, then made the Cabrillo file, and no problems. This is using the
AMD XP 1700 processor (about 1.5 ghz) 512 meg of ram and Windows XP home.

I've not tried it under any contest situation yet, but I may give it a go
next weekend as long as my .wav files play ok. My voice is shot, so I have
to have a working voice keyer or not operate.

73 - Mike K9MI