Re: [Trlog] Is TR Log being suported???

To: <wa4aos@aol.com>, <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Is TR Log being suported???
From: "Tod -MN" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 12:02:40 -0600
Glenn:

Go to http://tr4w.com/ to get started in finding the Windows XP and later
version of TR. TR-Log will run under Windows 98.

The current challenge is to translate the Russian language information that
is associated with the program. Using the Google translate feature reduces
this challenge, but there are some "interesting" results of the Google
choices for individual words and some words simply are beyond the Google
translator.

The best approach is to use the TR Manual [.pdf on my web site and also on
the official TR website] AND the translated items. Between the two you will
be able to resolve pretty much everything. If you are familiar with TR using
DOS [or WIN 98] then you can try something in the original program and
compare it with the WINDOWS based code and the Manual discussion of that
feature.

I have tried WriteLog and N1MM and found they do not smoothly translate my
TR operating habits/customs to a Windows environment. Any program that runs
under Windows will have some differences from programs that run under DOS. I
feel that TR4W has presented me the least amount of 'new' learning when
starting to use logging programs that operate under a Windows operating
system.

Tod, K0TO