VHFcontesting

[VHFcontesting] Difference between Cushcraft 50-6 and A50-6S ?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Difference between Cushcraft 50-6 and A50-6S ?
From: "Darrell W4CX" <w4cx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:00:03 -0400
Pardon the (slightly) off-topic post....but I'm DESPARATE!!   ;-)

Does anyone know what the diff is between the Cushcraft A50-6 and A50-6S  6
element beams?  Or if there IS a difference?  I have what I believe to be
the earlier A50-6 which has a 7-piece boom, and the current S model looks to
have a 3 piece boom.  That's the only manual I can find on-line, but the
element spacings seem to be much different.  There are no labels on my beam,
just faded black and red lines for element mounts.  Desparately seeking
assembly instructions for the older A50-6 model to prep for next weekend's
CQ VHF contest.  Thanks!!!!!   Darrell  W4CX