WriteLOG in CQWW Phone

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: WriteLOG in CQWW Phone
From: duerbusc@mo.net (Joseph J. Duerbusch)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:20:41 +0000
John R. Veach wrote:

> Me too!  I really had a great time with the program even though we had
> myriads of thunderstorms that kept me off the air a great deal.
>
> Does anyone know how to interface this program with the TS 570 for CW?
> It appears to me that Kenwood does not use pin 6 which writelog
> apparently uses for cw.
>
> 73
> John  KE4D
John, I don't know if I am reading your note correctly, but for CW
WriteLog works just like CT.  That is, you would use pin 20 (DTR)
and pin 4 (ground) for the cw keying.  You would have to use
a 4N33 opamp or a 2N2222 transistor to key the cw.

Look at page 65 in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Joe K0BX